The ICO has compiled all of their guidance in a hub targeted at individuals and companies.
For companies, community groups and health professionals, it includes guidance on:
- Data protection and coronavirus - what you need to know
- Advice for health care professionals
- Community groups and coronavirus
- FOI and coronavirus - what you need to know
- The ICO’s regulatory approach during coronavirus
- Data protection and working from home - what you need to know
- Combatting coronavirus through data
For individuals, it includes explanations on:
- How to spot scammers;
- How individuals should expect companies to process their data; and
- The use of mobile tracking.
Though brief, these last two are of particularly interesting for clients. These brief statements outline the ICO's expectations of what the public should consider reasonable processing of data in these exceptional times.
Our information hub will help individuals and organisations navigate data protection during this unprecedented time. We will add new and relevant information as the pandemic continues. The ICO is here to help, if you cannot find the answer to your query here, call us on 0303 123 1113.